Have a test now!
1. Which of the following is not a soft point to attack?
2. When the opponent attempts to lift you off the ground to body slam you while you are attempting to lock him into an armbar, you should:
a. Tense your muscles and brace yourself for impact.
b. Attempt to break his wrist in order to distract him from trying to lift you.
c. Release his arm and run away.
d. Reach out to his face with the other hand and crush his nose with your palm, pressing your thumb and forefinger into his eyes.
3. It is important to execute the rest of the technique very quickly after employing the appropriate preventive measures (tensing muscles, chin to chest, resisting grip with one hand) because…
a. You can still be choked into unconsciousness due to blood restraint.
b. You want to startle your opponent with your speed.
c. You want to engage muscle memory.
d. Your opponent might begin a different attack.
4. If your assailant is still attempting to choke you after you employed appropriate preventive measures, you can:
a. Attempt to grab his groin.
b. Attempt to bite his hands.
c. Use one of your hands to resist his grip and thrust the other hand against his throat.
d. Use your knee to strike at his stomach in order to wind him.
5. When on the ground with the assailant on top of you, you have full control of his lower part of his body. He pulls out a knife to stab you. What should be your first line of defense?
a. Block the arm with the knife, diverting it away, followed by a grab.
b. Grab the hand with the knife with both hands to shake the knife off.
c. Block the hand with the knife and poke him in the eye.
d. Try and grab the knife.