1. Most of the incels think that they're truecels but in fact they're not. They just don't want to improve themselves (and to obtain some more value (SMV) via hard and smart work). For example, if you're a fatcel and you don't want to lose weight, you're something like a voluntary celibate (volcel) and not truecel at all. The same comes when we're talking about not willing to add muscle mass (at least at home do push-ups, sit-ups, etc.) and you're a slimcel (too slim and feminine with nearly zero male attractiveness).
2. Of course, as you noticed right, in those real inceldom cases (like someone with a very deformed face) the hard maxx-es (like plastic surgeries) are a real option (and probably a solution after all).
3. More close to the idea of the truecels aren't those with very ugly faces (or even the deformed faces) because, as you said already, the plastic surgeries are a potential solution. The closest to the truecels are categories of incels like:
- the disabledcels (for example, if you can't walk and you're in a wheelchair for life). How many people will accept a disabled incel?
- the real shortcels (midgets-tier). How many people may accept this kind of shortness.
- the real poorcels (homeless-tier). How many people will accept a homeless man?
This is it.