, or octopus dumpling, is a popular street food snack that originated in Osaka, Japan
whick is made from grilled balls of batter with slices of octopus, shredded vegetables inside. Takoyaki
is also known as Japanese Octopus Dumpling Balls. People also sell takoyaki
with different fillings, eg: Sliced beef.
Admittedly, “octopus balls” doesn’t sound amazingly appetizing, but once you try these, you will finally find what has been missing in your life… they really taste that good!http://newyork.seriouseats.com/images/20081211-takoyaki.jpgIngredients You Will Need
1 2/3 cup flour
2 ½ cup dashi soup
Aprox. ½ pound boiled octopus, sliced into chunks or strips
¼ cup green onion
¼ cup dried red shrimp (sakura ebi)
¼ cup pickled red ginger, chopped or shredded
Dried bonito flakes
Green seaweed powder
Worcestershire sauce or Takoyaki sauce
1) Mix flour, eggs, and soup together in a bowl to make your basic batter. Make sure it is mixed well.
2) Grease the inside of your takoyaki grill pan, each cup should be full
3) Place ginger, onion, and octopus into each hole
4) Grill the balls turning with a spoon or pick
5) When the balls become a nice rick brown remove from the grill and allow a couple minutes for them to cool
6) Spoon sauce and mayonaise over balls and then garnish with seaweed powder and bonito flakes.