Thai Fish Cakes-ทอดมันปลาThai Fish Cakes
(Makati Fish Cakes
) are must-try dishes in Thailand cuisine. Thai Fish Cakes
are a common street food in Thailand.Fish and eggs, lemon grass, peanuts and other raw materials are smashed into fish mud, the golden fish cakes after frying are charred outside, tender inside scented. The browned fish cakes accompanied by Thailand's famous sauce made of fish sauce or sweet chili sauce, their flavor is memorable.
Served with a simple cucumber salad, Thai Fish Cakes
are best enjoyed fresh out of the oil while they're still hot and juicy. Served them with or without rice, and accompany with Thai sweet chili sauce, chopped cucumber, fresh coriander, and a squeeze of lime juice. Simply delicious!http://www.sharwoods.com/fms//Recipes/RecipePage/thai/Thai_Fishcakes_1_recipe.jpgThai Fish Cakes Recipe
(Tod Man Pla
2-3 tbl red curry paste
1 cup (200 grams) fish fillet
1/4 cup wing beans or green beans, sliced
1 tbl kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
3 cups vegetable oilFor the seasoning mix
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugarFor the vinegar and cucumber dipping sauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbl salt
1 tbl red spur chilis, pounded
1 cucumber, sliced
1 tbl roasted peanuts, crushedPreparation
1. Dip your hands in salted water, then use them to mash the fish filet against the side of a mixing bowl, until it becomes a sticky paste. This makes the fish chewy.
2. Add the curry paste to the mashed fish and continue to beat for five minutes. Add the seasoning sauce, sliced beans, and kaffir lime leaves. Mix together. Shape the fish cake into small balls and flatten.
3. Deep-fry the cakes over a low heat until they are golden. Remove from the oil and let drain. Serve with the vinegar-cucumber dipping sauce.
To make the dipping sauce
1. Mix together the vinegar, salt, sugar, and chili pepper together. Heat until boiling, then let cool completely.
2. Spoon into a serving dish over the sliced cucumbers. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro leaves. http://www.templeofthai.com/recipes/thai-fish-cakes.php