It's a kind of snack in China. In northern China it's called "馄饨" but in the south like Guangdong it's “云吞”. They are similar, however, the materials and the shapes are slightly different. Wontons boiled with eggs and noodles are authentic Cantonese snacks.
Wontons can be cooked soup. Put wontons into boiling water, when it's boiling again add another bowl of cold water. Add it for three times then the wonton soup is delicious. http://www.0379jk.com/pic_mdhh/20080407091802.jpgWontons
can also be deep-fried. They are crispy. The wontons will stay crisp for several hours and can be served either warm or cold.http://pakistanifoodrecipies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/wonton.jpgRecepe for wontons
For the Wontons:
*oil, for deep fryingWonton Stuffing
*1 cup (200 gms) boiled noodles
*150 gms cabbage, finely chopped
*2 small onions, finely chopped
*100 gms carrot, grated
*100 gms bean sprouts
*1 tsp soya sauce
*2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
*salt to taste
Tempering (for steamed Wontons):
*1 tsp garlic, chopped
*2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
*½ tsp green chilies, finely chopped
*1 tbsp oil
*salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a high flame.
2. Add finely chopped cabbage, onions & bean sprouts and grated carrot, mix well and stir fry over high flame for 3-4 mins.
3. Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt. Mix well. Remove from fire and cool.Preparing Wontons
1. Take the wonton wrappers across the palm, place a little stuffing in the centre of each wrapper and fold over to make a semi circle.
2. Press together and seal the edges with the fingers. The shapes can vary depending on the desired shape of your choice.
3. (You can moisten the inner edges of the wonton by dipping fingertips in water).Fried Wontons
1. Deep fry the wontons in oil.
2. Serve hot with green garlic sauce and chilli garlic sauce.Steamed Wontons
1. Arrange the wontons on a greased steamer and steam for 10 mins. Remove the steamer from fire and take out the wontons carefully.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on high flame. Add garlic, spring onions, green chillies and salt and stir fry over high flame for 1-2 mins.
3. Pour the tempering over the steamed wontons.
4. Serve hot with green garlic sauce and chilli garlic sauce.http://pakistanifoodrecipies.com/?p=5603