Voat.co's decreasing Alexa traffic rank, other traffic ranks and "The Fox and the Grapes".
I like to read and I like to enjoy my life as much as possible. This is why I do avoid
to read something in or from Voat.co. I just can't
enjoy reading shitposts, hatred posts ('fatpeoplehate', 'niggers' and other trash over there), psychotic posts and many other kind of ruining the healthy way of thinking, feeling, living posts. Believe me, my life is much better without all this, but... when someone with a nick 'Atko' posts something about how Alexa.com's traffic rank of Voat.co is wrong and I had the 'lucky chance' to read it, then my internal duty of an Alexa.com's fan push me to give some more professional point of view and to tell you more true facts
about things like Alexa.com's ranking, Voat'co's decreasing traffic or/and popularity, some OTHERS
traffic ranks (this is probably the most important part of my article, because it will support the Alexa.com's data about Voat.co!
) and in the end, I'll tell you a fable about a fox. I wish I could smile here, but I can't, because it's not funny, it's pity and sad.
- He (Atko) in https://voat.co/v/announcements/comments/894744 said that he frequently sees posts where people link to Alexa and claim that Voat "popularity" is declining. Frankly, it makes me feel good on the one hand, because obviously not only we here mentioned this and on the another hand, because the topic is about the decreasing traffic of Voat.co. We don't respect this website over here, because the same person (Atko or Atif) banned this seo-forum-seo-luntan.com for 'spam', against the Voat'co's anti-spam rules, which allows 20% links to personal websites. Another reason to disrespect Voat.co is the fact that there is a shelter for haters, people with criminal behavior; racists and many more bad creatures. I think no one can doubt this fact, so let me continue.
- Atif (Atko) thinks that is should be 'pretty clear' that Voat.co's traffic is stable. I can't agree more: it's a very stable decrease, which is so obvious and so 'pretty clear' that I can't think of something more obvious and more pretty clear; just take a look at this Alexa.com's graph: Source: http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?o=lt&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&f=999999&p=4e8cff&r=1y&t=2&z=30&c=1&h=150&w=340&u=voat.co. So 'stable', isn't it?
It shows that less people visit voat.co + less daily pageviews + less time on site + more bounce rate (which isn't good.)
Well, if someone really and honestly doubt the Alexa.com's data about Voat.co, let's see OTHER websites, who provide traffic rank data!
According to https://www.similarweb.com/website/voat.co
August 1, 2015: 7 000 000 total visits.
January 1, 2016: 3 950 000 total visits.
(It means 3 050 000 visits LESS!)
1. Global Rank -- down.
2. Country Rank -- down.
3. Category Rank -- down.
So, Alexa.com and Similarweb.com are showing one and the same: decrease
MORE? Here you are: The Compete.com's: https://siteanalytics.compete.com/voat.co/
1. Unique visitors for 2015-07: 1 568 453
2. Unique visitors for 2016-01: 66 568.
It shows 1 501 885 LESS unique visitors.
So? Alexa.com, Similarweb.com and Compete.com are showing one and the same DECREASE of the Voat.co's traffic.
Is that enough? Or we 'must' close our eyes for all these numbers and behave like zombies? No, thank you! 'No!', especially after a popular person and a professional in this field, i.e. a web developer (Education: Computer Science AND
Alma mater: University of Virginia)
) said so: "I know their subscriber numbers are totally bogus, that's obvious to me.
- Let me waste some more time about these:
a/ "I personally don't wish for Voat to become too big..."
b/ "Also, I personally don't really care about Voat popularity..."
Here comes the Aesop's fable The Fox and the Grapes:
A fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine, BUT was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength! As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes!!!' (You may learn more about this fable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes)
And what positive I may say in the end of all this? I may say that Atko (Atif) is right about that "Voat is not "the next cool thing"". How a website that is losing more and more visitors (and popularity) may be a 'next cool thing'? It's going to be just a very ordinary
website, if all that toxic, crazy, abnormal, disgusting, antihuman situation didn't destroy it completely!
As elder citizens, as elder netizens, as an elder website (never forget that seo-forum-seo-luntan.com is elder than voat.co, please!), we predict this. And this is our best possible prediction! You don't deserve
anything like this.